Monday, May 25, 2009

Attention unbelievers!

Everytime I think I've got that "gut feeling" and I decide I'm determined to go with it I end up being wrong.  So I thought I would switch it up and go against my gut feeling. THOSE are the times I should have gone with my intuition. Something is going on...and I'm going to find ot what that is...

On to my day...the boring stuff no one cares to read unless it's about them.  If you've made it this far then your ego believes your about to be mentioned...sorry if I disappoint...but not really. Just get my attention another day. Preferably with something interesting. 

Sunday. Church day. Quick check online for the correct single adults ward since I went to the "wrong" one last week.  If I had popped into a catholic service that term might have made sense...but I hadn't.  

I was late. An hour late.  Which is right on time for me.  Peak inside.  Dang it's full in there.  You can't spend to much time really glancing aroung cause at that moment your the focus of everyones attention in your peripheral and it just gets weird after a few seconds.  Head pops back out.  I think I saw a spot but I would have to slip past two people and I don't want that hassle.  Close the door softly cause you've been a big enough distraction as it is.  Try to act cool.  The two others sitting on the couch are watching you.  Quick bod flex. Find something to look at. A bulletin board. It's a collage of EVERY couple married from the ward in the past 4 years.  Laugh to yourself. It shouts "Hey singles! We did it and so can you!"  I'm half expecting an Amway advert snuggled up there to.  

I grab a seat.  3 seats away from this girl reading her scriptures.  There seems to be some social law that states you never take the seat next to someone if theres another open a bit further down.  Like sing urinals.  Oh man don't EVER grab the middle one if one of the outer two is still open.  And if not?  Well your going to wait cause that's just how things are done. 

Exhale...forgot my scriptures. I've looked at every ken and barbie on the marriage board.  "Sit next to someone new each week."  Bishops challenge from another single ward I attended.  I pick myself up and walk over to miss reading her scriptures.  "Hi I'm Shane", hand out. She smiles and with a quick shake says "Stacy".  I take the sat next to her.  My first friend here.  

She isn't working right now but she wants to be a therapist of sorts.  Something about a wand and eye movement that helps you forget or release negative emotions.  I make a Men In Black comment.  Turns out she did Amway once.  I glance up at the board behind me.  I knew it. 

Sacrament is nearly over. Ok it's over. Keep the story moving.  Priesthood/Relief Society is joint today.  In the chapel.  Im going to be stuck out here another hour?  No way.  Suddenly pushing past two people for a seat doesn't seem a nusance at all.  I look at Stacy.  "I'm going in, cover me".   I grab a seat in the back.  Last row back.  Stacy pops her head in. 5 minutes go by.  She didn't make it. Well I got my seat.  Then she pops in and grabs the seat next to me.  I scoot my chair over at her behest.  "Don't want to sit on you", she say's .  She's over 200lbs so I take it seriously and move my chair over a bit.  It's not quite enough but if I move it again then that's like saying "whoa thought I had given you enough room the first go round...miscalulation."  That could go bad for me so I prevent the thought from germinating and just stay close.  

It's Stake Conference.  These guys are hilarious!  The Prez...I quote"  You cannot possible do as bad as I when it comes to asking others to listen to missionary discussions.  I'm horrible. I'm nervous, I sweat, you really can't get an invite wrong.  Well unless you curse. But if you use one that's not so bad you might even get away with that."  I almost fell out my chair laughing! Oh I could fit in here.

Meet and greet afterward.  Watermelon, and warm water. Hmmm...well least the watermelon was good.  Few names to remember...um...Misty...Misty was cool.  Uh...Brad? Some B name...cool.  Blasted... I can't remember the others.  Nice meeting you all though.

Then I'm off.  Get stopped. "Hey man you seem cool I have parties on mondays apartment you should show".  Yeah,  I am cool.  Motorcycling in sundays clothes.  Count me in. 

5 p.m. dinner at Stephanies.  Polish on both sides.  And blonde.  This is going to be fun.  

It's a giant chernobyl potato, corn on the cob, and the mst succulent ribs I have ever devoured.  Meat just slipped off the bone. Literally. Rasberry cake thingy for desert. 

I'm getting tired...I should Vlog this man...now my second story is getting cut short. Stephs mom and dad awesome cooks.  Steph and I talk a bit before I take off.  She broke up with her girlfriend and things are a bit tough for her.  Get home and we IM a bit... we lived together last year for a few months... she's missing me.  Things get a bit surreal at this point.  Dream sweet Steph... Go with your intuition.

No comments:

Post a Comment